Proctoring and Integrity Settings
In the final step of the exam scheduling process, you can enable proctoring (invigilation) to record activity on the student's computer like video, audio and web activity.
You can also enable lockdown and verification settings that will be applied to students when sitting their exams.
Note: The Proctoring and Integrity Settings that are displayed to users scheduling exams can be enabled and disabled globally by users who can manage your organization settings.
Using the "Recording options" you can specify the recording features that are enabled on the student's device.
- Record video – requires the student to have a webcam installed and records a stream from the webcam for the duration of the exam
- Record audio – requires the student to have a microphone installed and records the input from the microphone for the duration of the exam
- Record screen – captures and records the student's desktop for the duration of the exam
- Record web traffic – captures screenshots and the URLs of any sites visited during the exam
You can disable features on the student's machine to ensure exam integrity.
- Force fullscreen – the exam window will display as fullscreen which prevents the student from navigating away from the Exam
When you select this option you can choose from three settings:
- Lenient: while in fullscreen mode, a student who navigates away from the exam page for over 30 secs will be removed from the exam
- Modern: while in fullscreen mode, a student who navigates away from the exam page for over 15 secs will be removed from the exam
- Strict: while in fullscreen mode, a student who navigates away from the exam page will be removed from the exam
- Disable clipboard – disables cut, copy and paste as well as screen capturing functionality
- Disable new tabs – disables the ability to add new browser windows and tabs
When you select this option you can choose from two settings:
- Disable all new tabs and windows: no new tabs or windows can be opened for the duration of the exam
- Only allow in-exam links: only links that appear on the exam page can be opened
- Close open tabs and windows – forces all open windows and tabs to close before the exam starts
- Disable printing – disables the printing functionality to prevent unauthorized distribution of exams
- Block downloads – prevents downloading of files via the browser
- Clear cache after exam – removes the temporary files created during the exam on exam submission
- Disable right-click – prevents the user accessing the cursor context menu by disabling right-click functionality
- Prevent re-entry – students will be prevented from re-joining the exam if they disconnect during the exam
You can add verification checks to an exam to confirm a student's identity.
- Auto verify ID – requires the student to present photo ID before the exam
- Verify signature – requires an exam to sign an agreement before the exam