The Rating question is useful for obtaining student feedback, or as a rubric for use by the teacher when providing feedback to the student.
The Rating question is useful for obtaining student feedback, or as a rubric for use by the teacher when providing feedback to the student. This is a non-auto-scored question.
Creating a Question
The Rating question consists of a bar made up of Rating buttons. You can specify the label on each button – in the example above, the labels are 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%. Hovering over a button will display a configurable tooltip.
An information button is displayed to the left of the Rating bar. When clicked, it will display the label, tooltip, and a description (set by the author), for each button on the Rating bar. The colors of the button labels in the information box can be changed.
To author a rating question, follow these steps:
- Fill in the Compose Question area with the question or instructions to the student. This may not be necessary, particularly if the question is being used as a scoring rubric.
- Under each Rating heading, you can fill in details for each button on the rating bar:
- Value: The number entered here will be stored as the response if this Rating is selected.
- Label: This refers to the label on each Rating button. This can be text or numbers.
- Tooltip: The input from this field will be displayed when the cursor hovers over a Rating.
- Color: This refers to the color of the label when it appears in the information box beside the Rating bar. You can pick colors from the color library, enter a specific hex code, and change the opacity.
- Description: This is displayed inside the information box, alongside the button label, and tooltip, to give information about each Rating.
In the More options panel, you can select from a number of additional settings.
- Font size: under Layout, you can choose the desired font size for the question - select between small, normal, large, extra-large, and huge.
- Hide info icon: ticking the box for 'Hide info icon' hides the information button which usually appears to the left of the rating options: