In the Order List question type, students organize a list of responses into a specified order.
In the Order List question type, students organize a list of responses into a specified order. This question can be used to reorder words, paragraphs of text, or sentences within a paragraph.
Create a Question
Enter a question stem in the Compose Question area. In the List section below enter words, sentences or paragraphs you want the students to arrange into the correct order.
Click on +Add below the section to add more boxes and click on the delete icon beside a box to remove it. It is possible to re-order your response list while authoring your content. Simply drag the list item using the drag handle to the left and place it in the appropriate position.
Follow these steps in order to configure question validation:
- Insert a value in the Point(s) box to set up a mark for the question. The default value is 1.
- The Correct tab holds the list of elements to be ordered. To validate the question simply arrange the elements in the expected order.
Shuffle Options will display the list items in a different order each time the question is rendered.
The following scoring types are available in Order List question types:
- Exact Match - Students must answer all parts of the question correctly to receive a mark.
- Partial Match Per Response - Each response entity will be marked individually and marks will be awarded if responses are in the correct position. Each response entity will be awarded an individual score.
- Partial Match - Each response entity will be marked individually and marks will be awarded if responses are in the correct position. The overall question score will be divided between the response items.
- Partial Pairwise Per Response - Entities are compared in pairs to determine the score.
You can choose the Question Layout. Options are Button, List or Inline.
You can then also toggle Drag Handles. They appear on the left of the list elements and can be disabled.