Pre exam questions
Exam authors can add Pre-exam questions to an Exam that are shown to students before the exam starts
Exam authors can add Pre-exam questions to an Exam that are not marked and are shown to students before the exam starts:
This could be used in the following scenarios:
- to ask a student to agree to the exam terms
- to ask a student to take a picture of themselves or their ID to confirm their identity
- to capture any other information from a student you'd like that won't count towards their grading
Adding a Pre exam question
In the Exam Editor enable the Pre exam questions option and select customise
Choose a Pre exam question from the Question Bank:
- Users can only choose one question to be added as a pre-exam question. However, that question can be made of several items if required
- It is not possible to make a pre-exam question required
What happens with responses to the pre exam questions?
Responses are shown to the user marking the exam above the student's responses to the exam questions.
The examiner can ensure students have given the responses as expected from the pre-exam questions.