Examiners can add and customise a video player.
Examiners can embed videos hosted on the Internet or upload videos from a computer. Video clips can be uploaded in MP4 (H.264/MPEG-4) and must be less than 100MB in size.
Video type - select the type of video you want to use.
- Youtube - embed Youtube video.
- Vimeo - embed Vimeo video.
- Brightcove - embed Brightcove single video or player
- Hosted Video - default video type, which will automatically detect if the provided Source URL is Youtube, Vimeo, or a link to self-hosted video file
- Source URL - add the URL to the video file depending on the video type selected above
If Hosted Video is selected click Edit and a modal will appear to either upload or embed a video. There are three methods to upload a video:
- Select the Upload Asset tab, and drag your file to the Drag and drop files here selection box.
- Click on Choose Files, and select the video from your computer, click Upload, then click Ok.
- Select the Embed Asset tab, and insert a video URL (like Vimeo, Youtube, or Brightcove) in the respective field, then click Ok.
Heading - Heading of the video player.
Caption - Description of the video being played.
Here you will find additional settings to help you configure the video player:
- Poster Image - You can add an image to be displayed before the video starts.
- Width - Specify the video width. Default is set to 480px. Note: Responsive design with percentage height and width is not supported with Vimeo videos.
- Height - Specify the video height. Default is set to 270px. Note: Responsive design with percentage height and width is not supported with Vimeo videos.
- Hide Controls (only allowed for Hosted Video) - Allows students to have Play/Pause controls. The default setting is off.
- Caption URL (only allowed for Hosted Video) - Can upload a VTT file to use for captioning the video.
- Transcript - A transcript for the video, you can input text directly into this field, or include a URL or filename to be used instead. This will be configured on the assessment page by your development team and therefore it's not possible to preview this in the Question Editor or Item Edit/Preview pages.